Creating a "Gift of 8 Movement" Page
The Trillium Gift of Life Network ("TGLN") website BeADonor.ca ("Website") allows you to create your own customized campaign page to:
- show your support for the cause of organ and tissue donation
- share why donation is important to you
- encourage friends and family members to register on-line their consent to donate organs and tissues at https://www.ontario.ca/page/organ-and-tissue-donor-registration
- track your success in encouraging donor registration
Appropriateness of Participation
You must be at least 16 years of age to create a campaign page. All content posted to your page will be reviewed and moderated by TGLN according to the following moderation guidelines. Upon submitting content to the Website, you grant to TGLN a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce and display such content for any TGLN purpose.
Postings must be appropriate. Postings that demonstrate elements of the following will be deleted by the TGLN moderator, in TGLN's sole discretion:
- Posting of personal information about other individuals (including mention of a donor, recipient or potential recipient by name or other identifier such as specific nature of their relationship with page creator – mother, father, etc.) Crude, profane, hateful, threatening or salacious language
- Discrimination on any basis, including physical or mental disability, race, creed, colour, sex, or country of origin
- Harassment or defamation of any group or individual
- Photos featuring other individuals, trademarks, nudity or inappropriate behaviour
- Inappropriate behaviour includes, but is not limited to, criminal activity, violence, sexually explicit or suggestive activity
- Soliciting living donations
Posting of such material may be grounds for revocation of the user's access to the Website, at the discretion of the Moderator.
Users may post information about:
- Community where they reside
- Year organ donation or transplant took place, or time period during which they have been waiting for transplant
- Type of organ donation or transplant
- Nature of their relationship in general terms (loved one, family member, friend), if referring to a third party, who is a donor, recipient or potential recipient
Users may not post information about:
- Community where the recipient or donor, as applicable, resides or resided
- Hospital where the donation or transplant took place
- Names of any involved clinicians
- Date (other than year) the organ donation or transplant took place
Moderators will also review content for "data linkage" issues, i.e. information that may not identify third-parties explicitly but could reasonably, in combination with other information, come to identify third-parties.
Moderation of Outbound Links for Organizational Pages:
- Only outbound link permitted is an organization's main web page
Views Expressed are those of Users
Although TGLN moderates the content of the Website, the content appearing in the campaign pages does not necessarily reflect the views of TGLN, and TGLN assumes no responsibility or liability for the content or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from any use of the Website. You are solely responsible for the content of your campaign page and any claims that may arise relating to your page.
Links from the Website to other sites, where available, do not constitute an endorsement of these sites by TGLN. These links are provided as an information service only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites. TGLN is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any content posted on any linked site.
Information that TGLN May Log
Any information that you disclose on the Website should be considered public and you should therefore exercise caution when deciding what to disclose in such places (including your personal information). Be aware that the information that is provided on the Website may be logged by TGLN, as further described below.
Server Log Information that TGLN Gathers
The Website logs and displays, in real time, the number of unique visitors to the online donor registry site from your campaign page.
TGLN web servers generate logs that may contain information about computers or devices used to access the Website or about general activity on the Website, such as the following:
- Internet address of computer or device
- Type of browser or other application used
- The operating system of the computer or device
- Web pages requested by users
- Referring web pages
- Time spent on the Website
This information is collected and used for Website administration purposes. TGLN server administrators may produce summary reports from these logs and share that information with Website content managers who typically use this information in aggregate to understand what pages are popular, how users are navigating to and within the Website, and when the Website is used most frequently. TGLN web server administrators also use logs for error identification and tracking, as well as audit purposes.
Your Personal Information
Cookies are small pieces of data stored by a web browser on a user's computer. Cookies are often used to retain information about preferences and pages a user has visited. For example, when a user visits some sites on the web, the user may see a "Welcome Back" message. The first time that user visited that website, a cookie was stored on the user's computer; upon the user's return, the cookie is read again.
You can refuse to accept cookies, disable cookies and/or remove cookies from your hard drive. Taking any of these actions may affect your ability to use the Website.
Continuity of Service
As a result of the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are publicly available one day may require restricted access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, pages, and files are reorganized. TGLN does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free. TGLN may make improvements and/or changes in the information and/or programs described herein at any time.
TGLN does not represent or warrant that the Website or its servers are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Continuity of Your Use of Website
User Names and Passwords
You are required to enter a user name and password in order to access certain content on the Website. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password confidential.
The Website Does Not Provide Medical Advice
The contents of the Website, including postings, messages, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Website, are for informational purposes only, and are not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
You should always seek the immediate or timely advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or seen on the Website.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly agree that use of the Website is at your sole risk and you are responsible for your actions while using the Website.
The content published via the Website could contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
In no event will TGLN be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website or your reliance on the content.